Hourly Tester/Courier-COVID/SHIELD IL
Job Title: Hourly Tester/Courier-COVID/SHIELD IL 3 Positions
Salary Range: $15.00 to $15.00 Hourly
Status / FLSA Status: Part-time Temp/Seasonal/Nonexempt, grant-funded
Classification: Professional Support
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Location: District Wide
Date Reviewed: September 2021
Date Updated: September 2021
Responsible for greeting and assisting individuals through the COVID-19 testing process ensuring CDC, IDPH, Spoon River College, local, state and federal guidelines are followed by individuals completing a COVID-19 test; and help maintain a safe clean environment. Hours-TBA (Monday-Thursday, up to 28 hours per week)
1. Greets individuals coming into the COVID-19 testing site. Creates a hospitable environment by answering basic questions.
2. Maintains strict confidentiality of individual’s information.
3. Ensures the COVID-19 testing site is set-up and all supplies, equipment, and signs are in place.
4. Assists with ordering supplies.
5. Gives assistance to individuals with account set-up through the portal.
6. Provides instructions to individuals on how to collect their saliva samples.
7. Finalizes daily process by making sure all saliva samples are properly collected, labeled, logged, and prepared for the courier.
8. Maintains a clean and disinfected area, including but not limited to doorknobs, tables, counters, computers, scanners, etc.
9. Disposes of biohazard waste properly.
10. Maintains proper use of Personal Protective Equipment.
11. Follows all federal, state, local, SHIELD IL, and Spoon River College guidelines and recommendations adheres to OSHA safety regulations.
12. Delivers specimens to designated drop-off locations.
13. Meets delivery deadlines.
14. Loads and unloads saliva samples.
15. Successfully completes all required trainings.
16. Obtains signatures when needed.
17. Provides timely information to the COVID-Task Force.
18. Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Customer service experience preferred.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
4. Good communication skills required.
5. Previous medical or lab experience preferred.
6. Must have a verifiable, good driving history for the past three (3) years. "Good driving history" is defined as not more than one moving violation or one at-fault accident. MVR's will be requested and all application information is verified. Unreported items will result in termination of employment.
7. Must have no DUI convictions.
8. Ability to use navigation systems and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical demands for this position include the ability to stand, sit, walk, reach, stoop, bend, push, pull, kneel, climb, use hands and fingers, and talk/hear for extended periods of time. This position requires the ability to lift and/or carry weight up to forty (40) pounds without assistance. The work environment for this position includes extremes in outdoor temperatures.